CALL FOR PARTICIPATION – ALLIED MEDIA CONFERENCE June 20-23, 2013
Transformative Arts Practice Space (TAPS)
What is the role of art and artists in building an equitable, liberated, and loving society?
The Transformative Arts Practice Space will draw on a wide view of the role and potential of arts in creating our world. We will explore art and the process of making art as a democratic and inclusive process rather than one focused on the individual artist.
What we are looking for:
1. Ideas, conversations and strategies that demystify the creative process. In particular:
a) How do we dream ideas and stories into art?
b) Hands-on workshops
2. Critical reflections and conversations on the integral nature of art and artists in society regarding:
a) Art + Education
b) Art + Place // (Gentrification, development, histories, stories, etc)
3. Working models of democratic and inclusive arts process that imagine new realities.
Questions to consider in your proposal:
1. How does your proposal connect to what we are looking for (be specific)?
2. Does your proposal promote diversity and inclusivity in the Transformative Arts Practice Space?
3. What is your capacity to raise funds, facilitate, and organize your session?
4. What are your needs from the Transformative Arts Practice Space coordinating team?
For more info contact N8 Mullen at email@example.com